Custodial Shift ManagerSouth Fayette Twp. School
Washington, PA Full-time
Posted on November 18, 2018
South Fayette Twp. School District Custodial Shift Manager
- Carry a District provided cell phone
- To assist with custodial duties as necessary, or on an as needed basis, to ensure the proper success of the custodial staff.
- Manage the custodial operations and staff.
- Maintain a clean, safe and attractive environment for the students, staff and public.
- Be the point of contact for the public during the use of District facilities.
- Schedule the appropriate staff to cover the additional activities in the District. This includes, but not limited to, substitutes, overtime for weekend activities that
require more than the usual staff members. Insure guidelines are followed
according to support union contract.
- Review and approve all custodial staff time sheets for accuracy and correlate the overtime to related activities in the District. Maintain a record of overtime for staff.
- Stay current with the latest trends, procedures, and processes in custodial services to insure the District facilities are being maintained in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Evaluate new products and provide training and supervision for the proper use of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Assure that the custodial staff properly maintains the District grounds and stadium. This includes, but is not limited to, having staff sweep, groom, and
disinfect the turf field with the proper equipment. Training must be provided yearly.
- Prepare the scoreboard, sound system and vendor tables for all home football games and other events at the stadium.
- Have responsible for the coordination of all snow removal for weekends and evenings. This includes contacting the contracted snow removal company for campus roads and parking lots. Calling out the mechanics for sidewalks.
- Establish and administer the schedules and procedures for the regular, ongoing custodial care of District wide facilities.
- Annually shall review and revise (if necessary) the building areas and job routines for staff in preparation for the bid meeting. These changes should be reviewed with the building principles prior to implementation.
- Conduct Custodial bid meeting every August and review any changes with staff.
- Plan, oversee and supervise custodial work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency in all facilities (Stadium, Administration, Pupil Personnel, Bus Garage, High School, Middle School, Intermediate School, Elementary School, and Campus grounds and fields).
- Schedule meetings of the custodial staff, when it is deemed necessary, for purposes of training or morale.
- Establish and supervise a summer cleaning calendar for the District. Insure summer cleaning does not interfere with summer events and is completed by the first day of school.
- Work with the Director of Maintenance to establish guidelines for the division of responsibility for minor in-school repairs and emergency repairs.
- Inspects and evaluates work in each building daily, and more often if necessary, and discuss any issues or concerns the principals may have regarding custodial
- Enter Help desk forms into the system as provided by custodial staff. Assigns the work orders to the appropriate staff members on a timely basis.
- Strives constantly to promote the safety, health and comfort of the students and
South Fayette Twp. School District 3680 Old Oakdale Road McDonald, PA 15057
Equal Opportunity Employer