Campus Police SergeantW&J College
Washington, PA Full-time
Posted on November 18, 2018
Campus Police Sergeant, Campus Security Officer Washington & Jefferson College has the following opportunities.
Campus Police Sergeant Campus Security Officer
- Ensures the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors, responds to emergencies, and protects campus property.
- Detects violations and enforces the laws of the Commonwealth as well as the the W&J Student Code of Conduct.
- Cites, makes arrests, and files criminal complaint for violations of laws of the commonwealth.
- Testifies in court and in the student conduct process.
- Patrols campus including classrooms, residence halls, and other facilities, by car, by bicycle or by foot, as assigned.
- In the absence of the Lieutenant, acts as the shift supervisor and Officer in Charge (OIC) of Campus Police Officers, Security Officers and Dispatchers.
- Provides assistance for emergencies such as medical, bomb threats and fire; gives emergency first aid; calls appropriate agency and college personnel for assistance.
- Handles complaints of a sensitive nature.
- Conducts interviews and investigations concerning complaints, accidents, violations of law and student conduct codes or calls for assistance to record information on thefts, physical violence and other incidents; advises individuals on how to proceed.
- Writes clear and concise incident reports, and crime reports if necessary.
- Assist in security and other trainings of students, faculty, security officers and dispatchers.
- Performs the duties of a security officer when necessary to include security patrols, reporting malfunctions of fire alarm systems, fire hazards, unsecured facilities and other safety hazards.
Equal Opportunity Employer